set-ups

On another part of the site, Miner includes the following "DT Daily Trade
Scanner" which scans the portfolio of tradeables looking for set-ups. This
is in contrast to getting a trading signal and then looking for
"confirmation by price action", i.e., a familiar price bar pattern or as may
often be the case, "passivity" i.e., just taking the trade and seeing what
the market gives you.

His 20 scans are:

% High low Range
180s - Trend snap back reversals
Boom - Boomers
Data file high and low
Expansion breakouts
Expansion pivots
Gilligan's Island
Gann pullback
Historical Volatility Ratio (HVR)
HVR + IBNR
HVR + Wide Range (WR)
HVR + TBO
IB/NR
Lizards
Narrow Range (NR) (3,4 &7 days)
Outside Day with Trend Continuation (see long explanation at his site)
Slingshots
Turtle Soup + One
52 week High low
Wide Range Reversal (WRR)

Most of these are available from Miner's site, or the 1234 formulas
previously posted, or from the Traders Zine site www.mgordonpub.com or from
"Street Smarts"

The "Investigator" program www.great-traders.com has the following
pre-defined bar pattern searches. I don't know exactly what the formulations
are for each of these, maybe somebody has access to the program.

close gap CPR up
close gap CPR down
gap up
gap down
island reversal up
island reversal down
new 5 bar highs and closes
new 5 bar lows and closes
reversal bar up
reversal bar down
reversal gap up
reversal gap down
3 bar close reversal up
3 bar close reversal down
3 bar equilibrium reverse up
3 bar equilibrium reverse down

inside bar up
inside bar down
outside bar up
outside bar down

These are lots to work with. So, if I get a trade signal and I scan, (maybe
using binary templates), for the current bar pattern, merely knowing that it
is a "lizard" doesn't give me anything further to work with, other than the
assurance by a guru that it is a "reliable" pattern.

... will write later

Walter