Re: Your e-mail list 1/2 and 2/2

  • To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Your e-mail list 1/2 and 2/2
  • From: UG <ug@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 12:20:17 -0400 (EDT)

derksenf writes:
> Jim,
>
> I'm beginning to understand that the problem is that my eudora e-mail
> program doesn't convert this uue-code you mentioned.  The one in .gif you
> sent in a separate message I just had to click on and up popped the chart.

If it's uuencode you mean, that's a very old, very standard, unix utility.
Came out long before base-64 was even a dream.

There are windows uuencoders/uudecoders.  A search of the web should yield
plenty.

If you get a file that's uuencoded, save it to a filename, like "tmp.uu".  Run
uudecode on tmp.uu, and voila', you now have another file which is the decoded
version.

Uuencoded files include the name of the file to which they will be decoded.
You'll notice the top of the uuencoded file will say:

Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\filename"
tmp.uu, you'll end up with a new file called "filename".

--
Fractals--what you see is what you wait for
http://www.unixgeek.com/cgi-bin/motd.pl - PGP email preferred