Re: ENOUGH IS ENOUGH !!

L. Peterson wrote:

> When I signed up for the Metastock mailing list I received a welcome
>
> e-mail that included the following:
>
> "This list is for users of Equis International products.  It
> consists
> of a group of users from
> around the world.  This group of users will help other members
> utilize
> Equis products as well as
> discuss issues related to investing.  Equis International does not
> monitor this list in that we
> do not prevent messages from members of the list from being posted
> this list.  However, any
> member using profanity , racial or ethnic slurs, or other
> inappropriate language will
> immediately be removed from the list."
>
> I applaud Equis for the minimal monitoring of this list.  When the
> new
> list begins, are all charts going to be banned, is discussion of
> Gann
> going to be forbidden, is political discussion taboo, etc?  I
> personally feel that Metastock is a charting program, but I also
> know
> some are offended when they receive charts.   I guess that somebody
> has now determined that possible impeachment of the President is not
>
> an "issue related to investing".  Perhaps somebody can clarify the
> relationship between politics and TA.  Do you believe a political
> event is never reflected in a chart?
>
> My vote is cast for no censorship except as Equis states above.  The
>
> delete button and unsubscribe are still available to those who want
> them.    And if you want to be told what you can discuss, move to
> the
> new list.

I absolutely agree with you. I will remain with this list.

I have frequently used the delete button to remove entire threads
which I consider
boring or which do not apply to the type of investing I do. The
Clinton threads I kept
because they were fun, and said a lot about the thinking of all types
of investors. I even
appreciated the position of people with whom I disagree (hi Brooke).

In my experience, moderated lists tend to be sterile, depending on the
beliefs and
sensibilities to determine what is on topic. For others this might be
what is needed - to
each his own.

For those who contributed to the Clinton dialog who wrote with passion
and with humor -
Thank-you. I hope you stick around. The views of many are a major part
of a liberal
education. (liberal in a non-pejorative sense)

Best of everything to all.

Barry