Re: Quotes Plus Download Problems

I too have been experimenting with both Quotes Plus and TC2000 4.1.  I agree that they both have their shortcomings, and the major one for me, particularly with TC2000, is sending data to Metastock. The only way I see to do it is through a cumbersome process of first sending it to TC2000 version 3, then sending it to Metastock either through the version 3 "Datacon" program, or through Metastock's downloader.  It's really the pits, especially when compared with the Quotes Plus virtual facility.  You end up with considerably more data than you really need since it exists in three places.  In addition, if you want to follow mutual funds with TC2000 4.1, you're out of luck! I'm wondering how any of you other TC2000 4.1 users deal with these issues. If I'm missing some slick way to handle these problems, I'd sure like to know how else to get around them. Leo   Bill G Bolumen wrote:  Jim,I just subscribed to TC2000 vs 4.1 and I like it.  They are giving a free 30 day trial which I am in.  Have been using TC2000 for some time now but this new version seems the best so far.  I have not tried Quotes Plus which I understand is quite a bit cheaper but TC2000 is now $29/month flat and you can get even better deals if you pay ahead for a year or so.I have always received my data on time as opposed to Quotes Plus which has a reputation for late data sometimes, however, the TC2000 data has its problems too with correcting splits and distributions on a timely manner.  In fact, I believe I have several securities where they still have not corrected splits from last year so it has its problems too.Just wanted you to know to give you other options.Bill
-----Original Message----- From: Jim Greening To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Date: Wednesday, September 16, 1998 6:10 PM Subject: Re: Quotes Plus Download ProblemsJim,     I gave up on downloading last night.  Just downloaded yesterday's data a little while ago.  Hope I don't have trouble with today's data. Jim
-----Original Message----- From: Jim DeWilder To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Date: Tuesday, September 15, 1998 8:22 PM Subject: Quotes Plus Download ProblemsHas anyone had problems downloading from Quotes Plus tonight?  It is 5:00 PM PDST and I am repeatedly not successful.