Re: "The Seduction of a President" by Kenneth Starr

In a message dated 9/16/98 4:45:09 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
daringdon@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> It's not the act, although its morally wrong.  It was the lying under oath,
> Perjury, that I feel should be reason for impeachment.  If you or I lied
> under oath, and were caught, we would be in jail.  Is he above the law?
>
>  Don

How about lying, but not under oath? Idaho Rep. Helen Chenoweth denied her
affair when first confronted with it in 1995, a reporter for the Spokane
Spokesman-Review says. Or is it just lying under oath that you're conveniently
concerned about? Are the vows of marriage an oath? Is an affair in itself a
lie, when your spouse doesn't know about it? Did Reps. Dan Burton and Henry
Hyde in effect lie to their familes? Or are you concerned only about lying to
prosecutors? Are you concerned about character? "This hypocrite broke up my
family," says the former husband of a woman who reportedly had an affair with
Hyde. Which is worse, lying before a prosecutor, or lying before God?

http://ww1.salonmagazine.com/news/1998/09/cov_16newsb.html

http://ww1.salonmagazine.com/news/1998/09/16newsc.html

What a can of worms that zealous prosecutor has opened.

Can we please have the stars and stripes back, without Mr. Starr?

Brooke