Re: "The Seduction of a President" by Kenneth Starr

Mark,

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to write about the subject.

> Why is the European community more dissatisfied with the "report" and those
> doing the reporting, than the one who did the acts being reported on? I'm
> curious.

1. We Europeans certainly don't understand why should a president be investigated about
his sexual life. One of the makers of the European Union, M. Mitterand, president of
France, had a mistress and had a daughter from her. Nobody cared! He was criticized for
his acting in politics, not in bed! Furthermore, how much money was spend to carry on
the investigation?

2. We don't understand why should anyone care about the fact that he lied about his
affair with a Ms Lewinsky. Who shouldn't have done the same? Does tha fact that he lied
make his politics any worse?

3. We certainly don't understand why should he resign just because he lied about the
affair. Don't all politicians lie? Hasn't anyone read Machiavelli? He's certainly lied
before and on things that are most important. I'm sure he did, because nobody should be
so naive about the fact that he might have reached the presidency without ever lying!

4. We don't understand why he should be impeached. Do the facts look like the Watergate?
And how about Reagan and the Iran Contras case?

5. As always, people are fooled by the media. And irresponsible politicans try to make
bad things even worse!

Alberto Torchio
 Torino, Italy