Re: "The Seduction of a President" by Kenneth Starr

Richard Siletti wrote:

> Lionel, read that first part again and then see how ridiculous that
> last
> line sounds. Let's blame the investigation, right? Forget the fact
> that this
> president lied in front of two juries. Forget that it was the
> president, not
> Ken Starr, who chose to have sex with an intern less than half his age
> in
> the oval office. Forget that it was the president who chose to take
> every
> argument with Starr through the courts at great expense before coming
> clean
> only when the semen stain showed up. Right, blame the messenger......

I can understand an investigation into alleged illegal activities if
that is what is going on, but someones legal sex life? That could only
be to make mischief, not to serve the cause of justice.  Maybe I don't
listen too closely, but the sex stories are the only ones I have heard.
Obviously the media think I want to hear it.  It only makes me wonder
why anyone has the authority to ask those kind of questions.
I can't imagine anyone thinking this American president is anything
other than a human being with marital problems.  I see no reason for
having to disclose such graphic details, but maybe I am just old
fashioned.  Many seem to be increasingly sexually explicit these days.
Perhaps he can just ride it out and we can all move on to a higher level
of sexual openess.
Telling lies, well isn't that part of the definition of politics - I
sure I must have a dictionary here somewhere.
Malcolm Scott