RE: Quotes Plus 2.0, a finished product?

not really. see bobs post.

> >Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 23:24:51 -0400
> >From: "Sean W. Smith" <sean_smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> >Qp2 as every other data provider except equis supports MS data with up to
> >255 securities per directory. Equis will claim to license the
> technology but
> >the terms are very restrictive and all control lies with equis
> as to whether
> >they accept you.  No other data provider or charting program manufacturer
> >that I have seen supports their 2000 security limit format.
>
> Sean, what about Technifilter & Omnitrader eg ?

Can they read 2K directory format???  Can anyone verify this?

> The MSFL offer doesn't mention that a customer cannot buy MSFL if
> it does plan a competing product or data service AFAIK. The
> distinction is between private and commercial purpose.

Have you requested the actual license agreements from Equis and read them.
I have. I suggest you contact equis if you want more details.

> >This should
> >tell you something.  Add to the fact that their format is
> limited.  Why 2K
> >stocks?, not Y2K compliant, not compressed or as robust as more modern
> >formats.
>
> The format is Y2K compliant ("format" is not equivalent to Metastock or
> MSFL). I do agree this technology is obsolete, and the 2000/dir patchwork
> is horrible.

How?, the current format only has six significant digits in the float that
stores the date!

Sean