Re: "The Seduction of a President" by Kenneth Starr

  • To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: "The Seduction of a President" by Kenneth Starr
  • From: Barry Spreen <bspreen@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 22:19:49 -0400 (EDT)

Rui Marques wrote:

> Maybe, just maybe, we think that itīs his own business. He lied?
> Maybe. Did
> he make a good job on the other issues? We think so. Why then should
> a lie
> about sex be made an argument for him to live? If the president of a
> big
> company is asked if he plays doctor and nurse in his cabinet, will
> he say
> yes in public, generally? Thatīs his business,, not everyone elseīs.
> And if
> he makes a hell of a good job running the company, if one proves
> that he
> lied about his hidden "treasuries", should he go away from the
> company?
>
> Maybe, just maybe, we think not. Does he show a lower moral
> standard? Yes.
> But how many of those with high moral standards in public would not
> end up
> with their pants in the ground, given the opportunity? And if asked,
> would
> they tell the truth?
>
> We dont care about that... It doesnt affect his ability to rule.

 Rui
He is not supposed to rule - That's someother country. He  is supposed
to be responsive
and responsible to the people. That's me, and he lied to me. Not only
that, he has been doing
it for years. I for one no longer trust him.
As for his doing a good job, that is debatable. I cannot think of one
good thing he has done
except for signing legislation which he has previously vetoed.

Actually, he did one good thing. He extended the special prosecutor
law. <G>
Barry