Trading range stocks

I've been in the trending camp for a long time and am starting to see wisdom in the trading side.  Do y'all find really boring utility stocks to be the best for this type of trading (no matter what the overall market is doing).  I have only had time to look at a few, but the characteristic I am looking for are a fairly reliable trading range, even if it is a small one.

For example, FirstEnergy (FE), stuck between 27 and 29 1/2.  Not a big mover, but reliable.

The idea here is a low risk stock (utilities' guaranteed customer base certainly helps and guaranteed, albeit regulated, profits) that is safe from wild swings.

Any insight appreciated...