Re: Can MS do loops?

Richard
Thanks for popping in. Basically I am trying to learn how to use MS but the
thing that triggered this particular question was ... I wanted to close my
long trades if there were 3 consecutive down days. I tried :
C<prev and C<prev-1 and C<prev-2 but that didn't work out right Seemed to be
acting more like I said or instead of and.
I also want to build an indicator that will horizontal shift my plots by an
input value. Much like the built in mov which allows shifting but 'called' mov
doesn't. Basically I hope to center the SMA [ex. 40 bar SMA shifted 20 bars].
If I could do that then I want to subtract the SMA from the previous SMA and
plot the results.
I don't know if these things have any real value. I'm just trying to follow
some ideas from Murphy's TA book and at the same time learn about building
these things.
I never even thought to go to the MS website. Do they have some good goodies
there?
I have not been able to get writeval or writeif to do anything but squack
whenever I've tried to use them. I get an error msg saying not a valid
function. OK I better stop here, probably already have worn out my
invitation<g>
Any help is appreciated

Thanks
Chris