End-of-Day and Historical Index Quotes

A comprehensive and inexpensive source for end-of-day and historical
index quotes and economic statistics can be found at
http://www/mobydata.com.

I liked it better when the service was free, but for the current price
(USD 6.25 per month), I've found nothing better. The data is delivered
as compressed, comma-delimited ASCII files and takes less than 10
minutes to download and update the database (over 350 items) each day.
Their support staff has been very responsive and thorough in answering
the many questions that I have sent to them.

No affiliation - no kickbacks - just a happy customer.