Re: short coverers/buyers

Harley

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. I wasn't referring to options. By OI I meant Open
Interest. What I was thinking [though I certainly could be wrong] was that in
cases of short covering... The shorts would be closing their positions
therefore Open Interest would decline. While at the same time, perhaps by
going long to cover their shorts it would increase volume. Therefore a rise in
volume and a decline in OI could indicate a lot of shorts covering their
positions. Make sense?

Chris

In a message dated 9/8/98 1:32:34 AM Eastern Daylight Time, meyer@xxxxxxxxxxx
writes:

> Chris,
>  I don't do options as of yet so I don't pay attention to OI. So I haven't
> noticed
>  any patterns.
>
>  Harley
>
>  Mullin285@xxxxxxx wrote:
>
>  > I assume that OI would decline and perhaps vol would rise?
>  >
>  > Chris
>  >
>  > In a message dated 9/7/98 10:19:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
meyer@xxxxxxxx
> net
>  > writes:
>  >
>  > > Hope that makes sense. Now how do I know they are short sellers
covering
>  > > their
>  > >  shorts. Experience? Might be wrong. But that what it looked like to
me.