Re: Weekly Pick & XCIT

  • To: <metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Weekly Pick & XCIT
  • From: "Bill G Bolumen" <BOLUMENkkkkkkkkkkkkk>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 16:45:55 -0400 (EDT)

<x-html><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>

<META content=text/html;charset=iso-8859-1 http-equiv=Content-Type><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>Jim,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT><FONT size=2>I use TC2000 and view
securities in Daily, 2 days, 3 days, 5 days, etc. since it has that ability. I
have noticed that I need to check it a couple of ways whenever I draw a
trendline and believe that it has broken the trendline as it is a bit different
whether I use a trendline based on any of the above.&nbsp; In addition, you are
adding a little bit different too since your trendline is based on
candlevolume.&nbsp; However, I agree that the zooming as such should have no
effect.&nbsp; Perhaps you should send your note to <A
href="mailto:support@xxxxxxxxx";>support@xxxxxxxxx</A> to assure they see
it.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Good luck on your trading tomorrow.&nbsp; I for one am quite
short on my portfolio but very nervous and with all the foreign markets doing so
well, I think I may be covering my shorts and see what happens.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>I can always go short again later if the situation so
warrants.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Bill</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE
style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 solid 2px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">
    <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><B>-----Original Message-----</B><BR><B>From:
    </B>Jim Greening &lt;<A
    href="mailto:JimGinVA@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>JimGinVA@xxxxxxxxxxxxx</A>&gt;<BR><B>To:
    </B>Metastock &lt;<A
    href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx</A>&gt;<BR><B>Date:
    </B>Monday, September 07, 1998 3:18 PM<BR><B>Subject: </B>Weekly Pick &amp;
    XCIT<BR><BR></DIV></FONT>
    <DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>All,</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Jim DeWilder and I
    have been exchanging messages for the last two days trying to get our XCIT
    charts to agree.&nbsp; His trend line was right at the bottom of the data
    and hadn't been broken yet.&nbsp; We tried to duplicate results and I even
    erased my file and reloaded data from Quotes Plus 2 to make sure we were
    working from the same data.&nbsp; I now think my attached chart is right,
    which has a slightly lower trend&nbsp; line than my original chart.&nbsp;
    The stock still broke the trend&nbsp; line and pulled back above, but hasn't
    broken back through again.&nbsp; Since the other facts I mentioned are still
    valid, I'm still going to open a put position tomorrow, but only 1/2 the
    size that I originally intended.&nbsp; If you are thinking about shorting
    the stock, you might want to consider playing safe and waiting for it to
    trade below 24.</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; We are still trying
    to get our charts to agree exactly, but I wanted to get this information out
    today.&nbsp; I did learn two things.&nbsp; First, you have to be extremely
    careful when you are making a trend&nbsp; line from two or three points that
    are fairly close together then extending it to the right across a long time
    span.&nbsp; The second is more disturbing.&nbsp; I made my long term trend
    line by zooming in on the May96 to Aug 97 data range, changing the Y scale
    max to 10 and then drew the trend line through the low points and extended
    it to the right.&nbsp; I then hit the ZOOM reset and looked at the chart as
    I gradually zoomed in to the right.&nbsp; The disturbing fact is that each
    time I zoomed in, the trend line angle seemed to shift up or down a
    little.&nbsp; That's very disturbing if the trend line position relative to
    the stock data varies depending on how much you zoom in or out.</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Equis Support has
    anyone else complained about this.&nbsp; Do trend lines that the user draw
    in really shift position when you zoom in and out?&nbsp; If so, is the
    working solution to set your zoom so the beginning and ending points of the
    trend line you want to act on are displayed?</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>Jim</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
</x-html>From ???@??? Mon Sep 07 13:54:09 1998