Re: DSL/US West/jealousy!

Wayne,

I'm seven miles from pavement.  GTE is about the poorest excuse
for a company I've ever been "forced" to do business with.  They
lie, they cheat, and then they lie again.  Try calling MCI and
inquiring about them picking up your local calls.  By switching,
I've reduced local call bills by about 60 - 70 %.  Then inquire
about their internet service.  Providing it's a local call, it's
billed at $14.95/month.  I don't know about sliding up the
ladder, I'm still in the dark ages with 28.8.

Steve Karnish
CCT

----------
> From: wayne walusiak <waynewal@xxxxxxxxx>
> To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: DSL/US West/jealousy!
> Date: Thursday, September 03, 1998 11:23 AM
>
> Dear Harley,
>
> > re:I don't have cable TV
>
> I have it available, but the svc is pretty poor out here. I am
in Northern
> Illinoi east of Rockford and west of Waukegan in McHenry
County. We have GTE for
> a 'telephoney company'.
>
> We were once offered ISDN service for $100.00 per month if we
could get a
> minimum of 100 people to sign up. Our 'local' calls are
extremely limited. This
> limits the ISPs I can sign up with.
> I have a choice of 2 ISPs. One services Kflex 56k the othe X2.
So I have one
> choice.
> IBM net services this area, too, but it is a toll call with
GTE.
> The way things are going with GTE we will never have decent
ISP services
> avaialble without it being a toll call, let alone DSL
service...I all ears if