Re: commodity traders

Chris Henderson wrote:

snip-snip-snip

"... For three years I have been trying to achieve emotionless trading.
I'm getting better, but the dollars still hurt a bit as they leave..."
==========
I cannot recall who said it at last years TAG seminar, but it sure had a
profound effect on me: "The sin is not in being wrong, the sin is in
staying wrong"....this takes the personal aspect out of the trade.
Those dollars leaving will always have a tendency to cause pain and
suffering.  The only thing worse than closing a position with a $500
loss is watching that loss double the next day. Now THAT is nausea!
=======
"... I recently read an interesting study which the list might like to
know about.  In a long out-of-print book called "Too much invested to
quit"  If losses are not regained then (when about half the remaining
funds are left) economic considerations become less important and a
competitive goal of beating the opponent takes over - even
to the extent of bankruptcy.

> Key finding was the apparent need to reject actions which became
> meaningless - we would rather re-define a situation than accept that we were wrong.  And go bust doing it."   <See comment above>

Al Taglavore