Re: Backing up virtual to tape

My thanks to Richard and Sean on the need to backup QPV virtual, and buffer,
files to tape.

I think I  understand now how there is no real "need" to backup the virtual or
buffer since they can both be recreated easily enough.  While the buffer can be
reloaded from the CD, isn't it true that the virtual file structure -- which
could be somewhat complex to re-create or remember -- will be lost if not
somehow backed up to something?

Also, it seems to me that even though there is nothing but pointers to backup
from the virtual files, it would be nicer if they didn't cause my tape backup
program to hang up.

In any event I appreciate your  helping me to understand the problem, and
solution;   i.e. no real need to back them up.

Leo