Re: Trading the Trends Andrews indicator of 24 August,

Van: Simon Roberts <Roberts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>I am dropping in on your discussion with Rene. Could you explain what you
>are changing when you change the colours as you suggest.  Your procedure
>simply shows up days as blue, down days as red, etc. What the Andrews
>indicator in sept S and C shows is the colour change when the indicator and
>price line cross; ie you are red when short etc; to do this I think you
>need to use some "write if" code. What do you think?

Very TRUE, Simon.
I did put down the 'plain everyday' usable bar-color-change-set up instructions.
They will not give you the longer periodical Trends changes, but a mere day-by-day
daily Trends change.

Pleased from results and also the time that it took to get this excellent S&R indicator
build and into the MS program, it stopped me from entering its 'secondaries' developing.
Then also being stuck for time, lack of MS-ExpertsAdv knowledge/below mentioned
priority, had made me decide to stop with it futher.

In the normal everyday usable charts, this way of coloring is common, oppose to Abrahams
in the article required "more speaking and thus giving more information" nessacery
"highlighting the Trend" way.
However :
To have the bars coloured blue when trend's up and red when trend's down(Abrahams
article) requires the INEVITABLE use of the Expert Advisor, a MS sub-program.

This is a major problem in MS and I too wish this trend-color-changing to be
possible WITHOUT having to use and rely on the Expert Advisors sub-program.
I seldom make use of this sub-program, mainly as I find it to be unconvenient in its
accessability, eg very unpractable in my everyday MS-chart-usage.
As such I cannot understand the necesity for all this program switching(eg ExpAdv,
SysTest,Expl) in Metastock when working with charts.
There should be a direct access ExpAdv-button, eg a view window like pressing the
data-view-window(button), and then pre-set with the indicators' standard advisor(in this
the Abraham Advisor) or a pre-set favourite.

The WorkAround:
For the above problem, the workaround can be found using MS Expert Advisor subprogram.
To create an Expert see p. 368, to create Trend rules see p.371.

To color the barcharts to coincide with a Trend, use the Highlights Tool in the Expert
Editor(Tip-1 p.374 and 'Creating and Editing Highlights' p.391) and put a standard
or 'your' formula into the condition field in the Expert Highlight Editor(p.393).
Example:

Name: Bullish
Color : Blue(dark)
Condition: C>fml("TTT-TREND TRAILING Ind - Andrew Abraham")

Name: Bearish
Color : Red
Condition: C<fml("TTT-TREND TRAILING Ind - Andrew Abraham")

-the "fml" function can also be replaced by copying and pasting the entire formula to
the condition field, this if you experience receiving any of the anoying error messages
Condition for bullish will be:
VOLAInd :=Mov(ATR(21),1,W)*3;

If(
C>Ref(C,-21) AND C>VOLAInd,
HHV(H,21)-Ref(VOLAInd,-1),
Ref(VOLAInd,-1)+LLV(L,21))

-the Writeif function(=displaying text, see MS65-manual p.376) can ONLY be used
within an Experts' commentary(p.250)
-the above formulas can also be used as Abrahams' indicator standard Exploration
 (in MSExplorer)

Regards,
Ton Maas
Ms-IRB@xxxxxxxxx