Re: Weekly Pick (long), ...picking weakly

Von Hef wrote:

>  Thanks John and Steve for your valuable insight!
> My system is also mechanical and I mostly deal in the Futures market,
> so I will post my system test using Lumber also. First I decided
> to use a mechanical system to help remove the "emotions" from
> my trade decisions. Also this system is new (I am also a little green.....to
> trading) so I am still testing this on different markets.
>  This system simply uses a  crossing oscillator of PEAK and TROUGH to
> trigger buy and sell signals, so far there seem to be little fitting needed
> apply to other markets, but my testing is not yet exhaustive. It could
> easily be
> modified for different trading styles such as  "The Trend Is Your Friend"
> and other rules.
>  PLEASE feel free to critique, suggest, comment or "warn of impending
> danger".
> I value the experience thats in this group!
>        Adam Hefner
>       VonHef@xxxxxxxxxx

Adam

Thanks for joining in on this discussion. I do appreciate it.

In your system test why do you use "fml price oscillator" instead of the
formula itself, oscp? I assume you're satisfied with the default values
but maybe not. Sometimes I think I try to overoptimize a system and am
better just leaving it alone.

John Manasco