Re:System development

Steve Karnish

Thanks for the reply. You're right about my exit strategy. This is
something I'm working on to improve. I'd like to come up with something
that takes the decision out of my greedy little hands. I'm at my worst
when I try to outguess myself.

I've never traded commodities, never even new what they were until about
five years ago. Someday I'll venture into that arena but for now I'll
stick to equities and options.

Your forcast oscillator system is concise and to the point. I like
systems that have a minimum of indicators much more than systems that
use a myriad of indicators overlapping each other. Do you also use other
money management rules in case your system fails?

Do you find some systems work better on futures that equities? I'm
comming to believe that there is no one system that will work on
everything but I need to tailor my systems for different industry
groups  and different individual equities. This is hard to accomplish
without curve fitting but I'm finding that stocks do have their
individual personalities and respond better to some indicators than
others.

Do you use candlesticks exclusively? Could you say something about why
you like them?

Anyone else want to jump in please do so. I'd like to hear from new
investors and users of Metastock. How are you going about deciding which
indicators to study? Are there any trends developing which may be
helpful to more seasoned investors who also need help? When I first
started using Metastock I looked at the usual RSI, MACD, Stochastics
etc. Then everyone started exploring statistical based system. What's
new now? Any using fibonacci studies? How about cycle analysis and fast
fourier transforms? A Gann discussion group just started. I hope they
report back to the list on regular occasions on their progress.

Anyway it's a nice afternoon and I'm going outdoors to enjoy it.

Good trading

John Manasco