RE: Market discussion

Why in the world would you think that 'open file as Read-Only only' would
thwart a virus, Jan Willem?

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of J.W.E Roberts
Sent: Thursday, August 13, 1998 9:58 AM
To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Market discussion

Hallo A.J.,
technically speaking - which we have to here - if you want to view a file,
you _always have to_
open it. However, all programming languages - the OS really - allow you to
open files in various
modes, at the most basic level as Read-Only or Read-Write.
If you haven't programmed the viewer yourself you have to trust the
programmer that he does indeed
open files as Read-Only only; only I think this is in most cases a
reasonable assumption.
Kind regards & happy trading,
Jan Willem roberts