From: Tom Strickland <tstrickland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Futures Magazine
Date: Saturday, August 08, 1998 12:32 PM

I'm writing to determine the views of other Metastock users
about Futures
magazine. Recently I wrote Ms. Ginger Szala, Editor in Chief of
Futures to
complain that their technical articles were difficult to read
because 1)
they were often incomplete (no references or symbol
definitions), and 2)
they used TradeStation code instead of ordinary mathematical
symbols to
describe systems and indicators.

The response to my e-mail was less than satisfactory. I was told
that I was
"too picky" about the details of the articles and that the use
of
TradeStation was just an industry trend that they were
following.

I just came across a copy of Omega Research Magazine and it
contains an ad
for Futures magazine that states, "…Futures is prepared by the
same
editorial team that brings you Omega Research Magazine…" Closer
examination
showed that Ms. Szala is also the Editorial Director of Omega
Research
Magazine. This looks like a major conflict of interest,
particularly since
Futures does not, to the best of my knowledge, acknowledge their
financial
interest in the use of TradeStation code.

Is this a problem to anyone else? Just curious!

Tom Strickland
tstrickland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx