Futures Magazine

I'm writing to determine the views of other Metastock users about Futures
magazine. Recently I wrote Ms. Ginger Szala, Editor in Chief of Futures to
complain that their technical articles were difficult to read because 1)
they were often incomplete (no references or symbol definitions), and 2)
they used TradeStation code instead of ordinary mathematical symbols to
describe systems and indicators.

The response to my e-mail was less than satisfactory. I was told that I was
"too picky" about the details of the articles and that the use of
TradeStation was just an industry trend that they were following.

I just came across a copy of Omega Research Magazine and it contains an ad
for Futures magazine that states, "…Futures is prepared by the same
editorial team that brings you Omega Research Magazine…" Closer examination
showed that Ms. Szala is also the Editorial Director of Omega Research
Magazine. This looks like a major conflict of interest, particularly since
Futures does not, to the best of my knowledge, acknowledge their financial
interest in the use of TradeStation code.

Is this a problem to anyone else? Just curious!

Tom Strickland
tstrickland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx