Re: Telechart 2000

Richard,

I am presently doing the same thing in terms of downloading all the stocks
and using IRL, etc. but am using Reuter$ data (good but expensive).  I
wonder if you could tell me more about QP2 as their web site is not that
clear and the pricing page non-existent.

1.  Is there a cost for the software?  I am presently using MS6.5 and IRL so
I would like to continue at this point using these software packages.   Can
you purchase just a data downloader and data converter to Metastock?

2.  Concerning the fundamental data;  when converting to metastock form I
assume that the fundamental items are removed.  Is that the case?

3.  Does the QP2 software allow screening by fundamentals or is the
fundamental info just for viewing?

4.  You mentioned that it takes very little time to download and convert the
data on all the stocks (approx. 3.5 minutes or so).  Quite a difference to
my 45 minutes with Reuters.  What computer are you running the software on
(i.e. Pentium ???Mhz)?  I have a P120 with 48 meg of ram which I assume
should be sufficient to produce similar times.

thanks in advance,

Ed Middleton