Re: Cool Website

I come down hard on fundamentals because I have never seen a correlation
between any of its measures, I am aware of, that provides an entry/exit for
optimal gains. The story/news is produced nearly all the time by people with
an agenda. The crowd psychology with its millions of variables is too much
for this mortal. The people who sold MSFT today had their reasons as did the
buyers. I can't outguess my wife's reactions much less those of the world.

What I have left is the results of any and all variables playing in the
market - Price.  If I measure its movement, I might see how fast Price is
going and in what direction (momentum). I can determine what's normal and
what is pushing to the edges of the expected results based on the past
(overextended by move). We use math throughout our lives, why not on Price
and Volume?

A balance sheet gives me little insight into where price (who's movement
makes me money) will go. Product/news/sector/earnings/etc. do not give me a
point to buy or sell. It becomes a guessing game. Take the simplest TA tool,
the moving average,  by looking at it, I can tell if people are willing to
pay more or less for a stock then they have over an average of the last X
days. Why they are doing that might have a "fundamental" reason but I can
only guess not measure. If I decide it is the new product, when do I sell?
The product is in place. Do I wait for that product to leave inventory?
That isn't logical or objective. As it isn't logical to buy based on a
future you can't predict. while price can't go down beyond my limits without
passing through that moving average.

The talking heads give us reasons for every move. Asia falling apart? you
wouldn't have been in the market for years if that was a mover. How will it
be explained when we hit 10,000?  The interest rate fear used once a month
or so? What about earnings estimates? the market may or not react to
filings. When we have a reaction to an above or below estimates, what does
that tell us? especially since they are wrong 75% of time. Do the analysts
have an agenda or do they just do a bad job?  How much over or under calls
for a buy or sell?

It is easy to say "Fundamentals+Sentiment = Price+Actions explained and
expressed in trends", there is no objective way to measure Fundamentals. And
the measure of Sentiment is a TA measure. So, TA covers 3 out of 4
components. Cave men would see the sun rise and contemplate why it happened
and they made up all sorts of stories, but the real smart ones measured the
day and night and gave us seasons and calendars.

Richard Estes