Subject: StockWiz

Don <runadog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote :

>I am thinking of switching my data providers when my Reuters account is due
>again.
>I've seen a lot of posts about Quotes Plus, which I think must be pretty
>good, but I haven't seen any posts about StockWiz, another "data-mining"
>program.  The software costs $99.95 and the data service is a flat fee of
>$9.95 per month.  I was wondering
>if anyone on the list is using it, and if its any good.

The software is free for data service subscribers.

They don't provide futures or options files, however stock fundamental
data is included in the price.
They do provide split data once a week, but no delisting, symbol change
or IPO/new listing file.

The service is provided through a WEB server first, the FTP server
is still available however.

All this data is in a format ready for their StockwizPro98 software.

What about Metastock ? - There is no easy bridge to Metastock that
I know. i-Soft was offering a TXT2MSTK utility (<6.0 format), but no
solution for applying their split file.
The most recent philosophy seems the Stockwiz export/Metastock import.

Additional questions to : Steve Kalhas at isoft@xxxxxxxxxx

-- Alain