Re: MetaStock Professional, the real-time version of MetaStock, is now available

  • To: sales@xxxxxxxxx (Equis Sales)
  • Subject: Re: MetaStock Professional, the real-time version of MetaStock, is now available
  • From: BrewsPad@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 21:57:45 -0400 (EDT)

You wrote:

>>I want you to be the first to know that MetaStock Professional -- the
>>real-time trading version of MetaStock -- is now available!

Wonderful.  With a price tag of $1,500 and the year 2000 less than eighteen
months away, please advise me if this new software is Year 2000 compatable.
That is, will this software run problem free, unmodified, on January 3, 2000
and beyond?  If not, what will be the cost and the timing of an upgrade that
will run after that date?

It has also been noted in the Equis press release that :

> In addition to the extensive charting capabilities and the wealth of
> indicators, MetaStock Professional performs seven vital tasks. These
> tasks include:
>
> *	The backtesting of trading systems with the System Tester.
> Traders can quickly see how much they would have made or lost if they
> had traded with a certain set of trading rules. The System Tester also
> compares and optimizes trading systems for maximum profits.

Will this backtesting continue to run, unmodified, on and after January 3,
2000?  If this will not be supported, what will be the cost, and timing of the
upgrade?

Jim Brewster