Re: StockWiz

In message <3.0.2.32.19980724114215.006a1a3c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>, Don <runadog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
>I am thinking of switching my data providers when my Reuters account is due
>again.
>I've seen a lot of posts about Quotes Plus, which I think must be pretty
>good, but I haven't seen any posts about StockWiz, another "data-mining"
>program.  The software costs $99.95 and the data service is a flat fee of
>$9.95 per month.  I was wondering
>if anyone on the list is using it, and if its any good.
>

>http://www.stockwiz.com/

Don,
I have been using StockWiz data for about a year and am a beta tester of
StockWizPro98.  The service provides EOD data on all US and Canadian
stocks, as well as mutual funds and US and Canadian indices.  The data
comprises open, high, low, close and volume figures.

As for exporting the data, the program generates an export file which is
not limited to whatever working group you have up at the time.  Rather,
it places into an export file all the data on US stocks, with other
files created for mutual funds, indices and Canadian stocks.  One
peculiarity of the StockWizPro98 program for windows is that it exports
all the data in each of its respective databases, i.e., a file
containing all the data you have gathered for all US stocks, another for
all the data on mutual funds, etc.  To date, there is no way to edit the
data in StockWiz, although you can edit it once it's in Metastock.  If
you wish to update Metastock one day's data at a time, there is a little
program called Txt2Mstk which does that.  This small program is
currently not included in StockWizPro but you can obtain it from many
users of StockWiz.

You do not have to use the pre-defined working groups included in the
program if you do not wish.  My customary working group consists of all
tickers currently trading and, when I wish to check different sectors, I
switch to a sector working group.

In addition, each month files containing fundamental data for US and
Canadian stocks are made available for download, and lately they've been
providing a file on US and Canadian stock splits on a weekly basis.

I have been quite satisfied with StockWiz's data service.  The data is
available for download at approximately the same time each evening,
though once or twice it has been delayed about an hour.

Cheers :)
--
Evelyn Arana