Re: Nasdaq-QP2

I too signed up a month ago for QP2 after being fed up with the
pokey/unreliable RTD downloads. My brief impression of QP2 so far is that
while the data quantity is vast and fast, its quality is suspect. I have
found numerous large/lengthy omissions of price/volume data, including for
the mainstays NYSE Composite and the AMEX. Many of the omissions are glaring
and unless I've just got a bad data CD, I'm surprised they've gone unnoticed
by whomever QP employs to maintain data integrity (if they employ anyone at
all).

Fortunately, I concern myself with only a handful of indices/stocks and can
tell with a quick glance if something is amiss. But for those who consider
the whole QP database as a trading universe realize that "garbage in" =
"garbage out." For what its worth, this is how QP just responded to my 3
emails about the !NYA and !XAX:

"The volume data (what we have) will be added to both !xax and !nya tonight
through your download.  As for the amex, we only have data as far back as
1/2/97.  Before that it had another symbol and the data is unavailable.

Annette
Quotes plus
Data Dept."