Re: Quote.Com Real time data

Hello Rajesh,

That's not an easy question since there is so much
involved. I personally use PCQuote over the
internet. I position trade so if there are
problems I don't get too big of a wild hair. What
is involved. You need to have a fast connection. I
find that I don't get any data backlogged to the
buffer if the connection rate is higher than 49K.
So connection is one thing. The other is your
computer. I have several programs open at once and
the system will get bogged down. I have 128 megs
of ram, pentium board w/ 1 meg cache, and 200 mhz
chip plus Win98.
So that is another issue. To me it is important to
be able to massage the data when it comes in. So I
have the $75/ mo. service from PCQuote that has
the data come into Excel via DDE link. In Excel I
can separate the buyers from the sellers buy size
and graph it in Excel. On addition add any custom
formulas. I then OLE intraday data into MS 6.5 for
my charts.

As far as myself I am content because it suits my
needs.

Hope this helps,

Harley