RE: Bollinger Band Width

The upper BB and the lower BB are programmed into MS (at least in 6.0). Take
this simple course ;-)
Start MetaStock
Start the Indicator Builder
Choose New
Select a name you like and then goto the Formula textbox
Select Functions and function categorie Indicators (or choose all)
To use more meaningfull desciptions check Show English Names
Select the band you want. If you don't understand the parameters you have to
fill in press F1 (Help)
and at the index tab type bollinger and choose the subject you're interested
in. The Help function is maybe the best developed part of MetaStock, it's
one of the best I've seen so far (aside from the Office Assistant, which is
still unmatched IMHO).

To calculate the difference simple use the - (minus) sign ;-)

If you like information on a indicator: plot the indicator and right-click
the indicator and choose Help.

Sorry if this course is too simple, but I wanted to stress out (?) the
usefullness of the help function to learn new things about MetaStock.

Regards,
    Jan Diederik

To Al,
Maybe you could put the following formula in an Exploration and set the
filter to colA = 1
ColA: If( HHV(H,34) > Ref( HHV(H,55), -34) AND LLV(L,34) >=
Ref( LLV(L,55), -34), 1 {UP}, If( LLV(L,34) < Ref( LLV(L,55), -34) AND
HHV(H,34) <= Ref( HHV(H,55), -34), -1 {DOWN}, 0 {NEUTRAL}))

This can help narrowing down the stocks to look at. If you have any
questions, you know the way to get it.
I use the above formula as the determinator of the medium trend in my (own)
Expert Advisor.