Re: Opinion Poll on REAL returns (Monthly)to all metastock users.

Not that I have been doing this very long but I
would say that anything better than the average
market performance is good. As far as my personal
performance I made 17% return last year (my first
year) with most of the trading done in the last 3
months. I think that a persons year over year
return can be very high. But performance can
fluctuate for many reasons. (For example, maybe
next month you are in a automobile accident and
the other driver wants to sue you. Might be a
little distracting.)

I would not be concerned about how high your
returns are but concentrate more on sticking to
your strategy. Once you have traded online for a
year or so then set some concrete goals as far as
returns. Hopefully always striving to improve
yourself year over year.

As for me personally I was up about 8% on my
portfolio after the first month of 1998. However I
ran into some problems and I am now at about 7%
for the year of 1998. Not that I had any real big
losers but i suffered some draw down that took a
while to come back in my direction. I am slowly
getting back on track and still hope to do at
least 50% for the year.

As far as your performance you are doing very well
my friend. I think the biggest key to high
returns. Is always seeing opportunities for making
money in the market, above and beyond the ones you
take.

Keep up the good work.

Harley