RE: A [NOT SO] Stupid Question . . .

Jan,

Here's my experience with this problem and yes I think Equis think it's a
feature ;)

I wanted to arbitrarily split up my securities into various folders so I could
use the
Next and Previous security buttons but soon discovered that the Convert option
_Traverse Destination Folder_ is hopelessly broken.  Equis support offered a
work
around using layouts.  Once you set them up it sort of does what you want,
but...

The problem is that Downloader only searches for securities in sub-folders
named
with the initial letter of the ticker symbol.  Moving a security to another
sub-folder
and turning off the Convert option _Create new files_ causes Downloader to
generate
            Error #2053: Unable to start new destination file
which once one understands how it works is reasonable though brain damaged.
---
On Sunday, April 26, 1998 5:24 AM, Equis Support [SMTP:support@xxxxxxxxx]
wrote:
> The only error you are receiving is unable to create new files.  In this
> case you should select Create New Files and allow The DownLoader to
> create alphabetical files and directories for this data.
>
> You could open one security in each of the alphabetical directories you
> want to scroll using Next and Previous.  For example you might open
> one security in each of the 26 alphabetical directories.
>
> Then click Window| and select the security name for the alphabetical
> directory, to make this security active.  Next and Previous scroll the
> directory of the active chart..  When you want to scroll another letter
> it represents and then scroll using Next and Previous.
>
> To make it easy to open the 26 securities simply create a Layout that
> opens all 26 securities.
>
> George
> Equis Support

Jeff Ledermann			j.ledermann@xxxxxxxxx