Re: Sibbett's Demand Index

The Demand Index is calculated using ratios of volume weighted by price
change. When the Demand Index diverges from price, it is said to be a
leading indicator of price trend change. When the Demand Index crosses
1.0 it is a lagging indicator of price trend change. Readings near 1.0
indicate low momentum. The exact formula is the copyrighted proprietary
property of James Sibbet (Sibbet Publications, 61 South Lake Avenue,
Suite 301, Pasadena, CA 91101). The Demand Index is available on some
computer software programs. (CompuTrac is correct.) Our previous
computer testing failed to establish any advantage for the Demand Index
compared to many of the more widely available and popular indicators.
RW Colby