Re: Win98

> MY personal opinion is that the U.S. Government should
>  break up this company!!!!!!! Henry Ford said that he made
>  more money selling parts later than the orginial sale. I suspect
>  that Microsoft operates the same way. Sucks a person in
>  then puts their hands into our pockets, when our back is
>  aginst the wall. MY TWO CENTS  BUST UP THIS ROBBER
>  BARRON COMPANY!!!!!!!!! Thank you for reading my letter

Of course, you can always go to Linux (free),
BeOS, Apple/Macintosh, OS/2, Sun....

The first sticking point of any charges of a
company being a monopoly is not so much the
market, which does matter, but the barriers
to entry.  For example, in the automotive
and computer chip industries, it will cost
in the neighborhood of $1 Billion to start a
plant.  Operating systems are not like that --
just look at success stories like Linux and
BeOS, which essentially show that there are
no barriers to entry.

I feel the pain the same as you do, but I also
realize that it is always our choice.  We can
jump ship anytime we want to.  In fact, the
other companies want you to -- remember when
OS/2 made a big todo about Win95 failures?  I'm
surprised they haven't done that for Win98 as
well.  Well, not too surprised -- OS/2 falls
by the wayside and then resurfaces 6 months
later.

Randy Given
GivenRandy@xxxxxxx
http://members.aol.com/GivenRandy