RE: Windows 98

Jim, my computer is 2 1/2 yrs old and I had problems.  I bet it's because my
S3 video chip is old and part of the system board, and because my BIOS has
never been updated.  It was someone on this board who suggested BIOS as a
possible source of probs- none of the tech support people have mentioned it.

Microsoft priority [i.e., pay] tech support has been first rate.
Nevertheless, we are paying to do MS's beta testing for them.  I've got $90
in tech support calls alone now, plus the cost of a new Matrox video card.

Al Stephens