Re: Windows 98

>Has anyone taken the plunge on Windows 98?  If so what is your opinion
>of it and is it worth the money?

I have installed (and re-installed) Win98 and wish I hadn't. I was
told it was more robust and would prevent crashes. Wrong! It
screwed up several programs including an Internet connection. In
discussion with the ISP helpdesk guru, he said it had caused a
large number of problems for them and he certainly would not be
installing it on his computer. Since installing it, my machine slips
into an apallingly slow mode, performing like an old XT. IMHO it
is a dead loss and I certainly will not be recommending it.

DMW