Re: Portfolio Manager - Excel (Step-by-Step)

At 10:23 20/06/98 -0500, Lionel Issen wrote:

Lionel,

Equis is asking 100 (or 150?) USD for a read-only licence of the
32-bits (ie Win32) MSFL DLL.

'Reverse engineering' of the data files is a solution we had used
for our investment club, based on a Computrac/Metastock C code from
Andi Omori (found on Usenet) and some personal work around the EMASTER
file.

There is no such thing for the new format (ie 6.0>) yet, and some
expert work would anyway required to setup a library useable
from Excel. Then, the few bucks are all in all not a bad price, IMHO.

I do also think that what you would get IF MSFL does work from
VBA is far more clean, performant, flexible, etc... than the OLE
concept.
The "IF" is reference to I didn't read any report of MSFL/Excel
VBA integration yet, however I was told this should work same
seamless as VB.

Alain