RE: OLE Problem Solved - I think

Lionel

I've got our entire system programmed into Excel and interfaced to my
MetaStock data via OLE.  The only thing left for me to do, is to start
programming in our trading logic.  I had borrowed Visual Basic 4
Professional and Microsoft's Mastering Visual Basic 4 from a friend of mine
to evaluate.  Played with it a little and then discovered that I needed
Visual Basic 5 to integrate with my MetaStock data.

Bought that last weekend at the local computer fair.  What a bargain!  $49
for Visual Basic 5.0 Professional and $15 for the Mastering Visual Basic
5.0.  Should have bought my own copy a long time ago.  Of course, I already
owned my own copies of VB 2.0, VB 3.0, VBA in Office 97 Professional, etc.

I tried to order a DLL from MetaStock via the Net two weeks ago.  Haven't
heard hide nor hair from them so I guess I better send them an e-mail.  I
think that with this DLL, I'll be able to bypass the Downloader and access
the MS database direct.  Sure will make it easier to be able to actually
control my own processing.  I'm now thinking of replacing the Excel side
also, and just rewriting our Clipper code, TAS and MetaStock for DOS, and
moving it all into VB 5.0 if this DLL interface works.  That's easier said
than done with an 8 year old on Summer vacation :).

Regards

Guy