Re: REUTERS/(readers:this is an off topic reply)

References for Hearst:  Some are at Hearst Castle, though we have to read
between the lines of the "official history".  Read the history of the
Spanish American War and read what the Hearst papers were printing. The
review of the evidence of the cause of the explosion of the American ship,
I think it was the Main was published in the Washington Post and other
newspapers. For years the Hearst papers refused to carry any ads for the
movie Citizen Kane, which was based on the life of Hearst. Hearst also did
his best to wreck/damage the careers of those associated with the
production of this movie, particularly Orson Wells.. Hearst published many
newspaper articles sympathetic to Hitler and the Nazis, and many articles
critical of minority groups in this country. Anyone who wants to can verify
what I have said.

I think this thread should be dropped.

nuff said

Lionel Issen

At 10:47 AM 6/3/98 -0700, Thomas Duke wrote:
>A lot of accusations here. Where are your references? Did you know him?
Sounds
>like yada yada yada and quite a simplistic view.
>
>Lionel Issen wrote:
>
>> Wayne:
>>
>> Randolph Heast is credited with dragging the US into the Spanish American
>> War.  When an American ship blew up in Havana harbor he claimed that the
>> Spaniards had blown it up.  A recent examination of the evidence around
>> 1970 by the US Navy said that probably the boilers blew up.
>>
>> Hearst was not a pleasant person.  Like most self made millionaires, he
>> lied, used violence, freely broke the law, and ruined those that disagreed
>> with him.  Oh yes he also supported the Nazis.
>>
>> Lionel
>>
>> At 11:50 AM 6/2/98 -0500, wayne walusiak wrote:
>> >Dear Dan:OOps: saw this went to the list....will make this a short one
>> >
>> >re:You make a very good case, re: the "TV talking heads"/thanks !! they
>> are !!!
>> >The news services are in place to MAKE MONEY! Period./again, yes! Nothing
>> wrong with
>> >that, either, as long as we make ourselves aware of their
limitations...??!

>> the
>> >
>> >Again, yes! It isn't very obvious is it ?
>> >
>> >re:Lest we forget: Who was that person (Mr. Hearst - in 19 ought what?)
>> that almost
>> >sent the USA to war, just to sell newspapers? Ah, I think because of it we
>> DID go to
>> >war, he so inflamed the readers and the public in general !! (war of 1812?
>> - ie, the
>> >Maine? Turned out to be an accident?)

>> >Thanks Dan !
>> >
>> Lionel Issen