Re: Macro Scheduler

Sorry you couldn't get through to me Norman.  I have been having a hell of a
time with a noisy phone line recently and haven't been connecting regularly.

I have attached two files.

The first attachment is the just the script that I use in Macro Scheduler
and covers downloading email, processing via the Downloader and Metastock
explorations.

The second attachment is the same script but with explanations and comments.
Note that each script is for a separate macro and I then use an overall
macro to link them together.  To use these scripts you should be able to
simply cut&paste them into the appropriate editor windows.  The scripts are
specific to MS Outlook Express, and my data supplier (Paritech).

I have left out the sections of the script that relate to my use of Access
to remove unwanted data and the script that I use for updating my portfolio
program.  In doing this I have had to alter a few lines in the scripts re
file names etc. (hopefully I haven't created any errors in the process)

Anyway good luck

PS  In six months of using Macro Scheduler I have not seen the problems
mentioned by Jan Diederick or AJ Maas.  I am running a Intel 166/Win 95
computer and thought that the problem Jan had with crashing when recording
keystrokes then Ctrl-Alt-S was operated (to stop recording) may have been NT
specific.  I tried the recording facility on my PC and a couple of NT PC as
well - all OK.  I did note that there is an option at the start of recording
to select another key combination to stop recording should Ctrl-Alt-S be a
problem.
As far as data being corrupted or lost, the only times I had problems was
when I did it all manually.  My safeguard is that I maintain a weekly backup
of my data just in case.

John Smart
Gippsland
Australia

Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\Macro Scheduler Scripts.txt"

Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\Macro Scheduler Scripts with remarks.txt"