Re: Updating MetaStock Files for Free

Steven,

> With all this discussion of problems with downloading data from Reuters, I
> thought I would tell everyone how to download data and update MetaStock
> files very easily and for free. The data is very accurate as the original
> source is S&P Comstock.

> I hope this is a help to people. You can save big money this way ($25/month
> X 12 months = $300/year).

Since I have always been in search of underpriced data vendors I think I may add my two
cents... You always have what you are paying for!
I am using Quote.com for less than 10 $ monthly, never have problems, can download all
stocks and all futures, data are satisfyingly clean (most errors come from the
exchanges, not the providers), have historical series from 1988, options, funds...
Nevertheless I am not completely satisfied! No automatic correction of erroneous data,
no automatic splitting or ticker changes...
My point is data are a part of the trading business: how can you expect to do a great
performance when you have to spend plenty of time caring for daily download, splitting,
distributions and so on? Wouldn't it be better to spend more money in order to have more
time to dedicate to your trading campaing?

Alberto Torchio
 Torino, Italy