Re: More about DeMark...

I use sequential.  You may want to consider looking thru your database and
see how often an equity will have that brief rise/fall after the 9th day.
This also told me to develop a methodology for making a trade after 3, 5, 9
days.  Works on bonds and currencies.  His TD lines have been good.  If you
will read the article in Feb TASC by Robert Krausz, it will go a long way
towards seeing DeMarks work in a very tradable light.

Al Taglavore

----------
> From: Steven Buss <sbuss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: Metastock List <metastock-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: More about DeMark...
> Date: Tuesday, March 03, 1998 11:06 AM
>
> Went out and bought both DeMark books...
>
> Interesting stuff.
>
> I understand where posts with different feellings about the books came
from:

> -   The writing being unintelligible (It's bad sometimes.  I found a
couple
> places that I actually believe he was writing a requirement for software
> development and didn't change this text to get it into the book.  Bad!)
> -   Indicators with nested ifs everywhere (Yep!  When one considers his
> objective:  to determine the stopping point of the rising or falling
knife,
> this is understandable and I'd be more mystified if there weren't nested
> ifs.)
> -   The books contain a deep understanding of the market (Yes!  This
would
> definitely be clearer if the writing were clearer.)
>
> I'm glad I have both books because I'm a book hound.  But if I could only
> buy one, I'd get the second one published in 1997.
>
> 2 questions:
>
> -  Anyone out there actually use DeMark stuff?  Or tested it?
Successfully?