Re: Nested Triangle

Hello Wofgang,

Please find an .eml-file(Att.) with an explanation I send to Lionel and the List before.
In brief(by Basic TA):

short=short term= +/-  0-6 months
mediate=median term= 6 months - 2years
long=longer term=+/-  2-100 years(generaly 2 - 5/10 years)

minor=High/Low/peak/bottom  in a Trend/Rally/Move/Swing , in importance not 100% ,
            lasting appr. +/-  0-6 months
median=High/Low/peak/bottom in a Trend/Rally , in signifigance +/- 100% , lasting +/-  6-24 months
major=High/Low/peak/bottom in a Trend , in signifigance >100% , lasting +/-  1-100 years

The "Dow Jones Trend"-theory I am not familliar with, care to explain?, I guess you mean the next.

The above mentioned terms are strongly related and are addiontions to Charles Dow's
Dow-theory(part Basics). Dow, THE inventor, counts for 3 Trends:
Primary,Secondary and Minor Trends.
But, as he had to miss out on having a computer, "forgot" the(part Basics):
Mediate(Median)Term and Aging(Major)Long Term
all useable in Elliott's WAVE-Counts(part Basics) as well.

To get this on "paper" you had me dugging into the books(part Basics) again.
For instance, for easy reference:
see page 116-121, the Dow Theory , in "Technical Analyzis from A-Z" by S. Achelis(part Basics).
(Also downloadable from Equis's web-site  www.equis.com  ,  look for this book's "digital-copy"
version).

According to Dow's theory, "the Transports" should now be the chart to watch for TREND-confirmation:
1-its 3380-3400 level MUST HOLD for Dow's Theory "to be a VALID change of trend"(Uptrend):
   The Averages(Industrials+Transports) MUST confirm each other
2-both out-breaked former HIGHS, with Transports reversing(Pull Back) and Industrials climing
3-if this fails we've had a False Move and NOT a start of a new uptend(Primary,Secundairy,MTU,LTU).
4-its chart is STRONGLY weakening, reflected by its Basic-indicators(part Basics) in short-mid-long
term's perspectives(see Att. .GIF's)

In my opinion 4(and others of my analysis) will confirm 3 and also my "analysing the
markets-perspective"(as set out below).

Regards,
Ton Maas.
anthmaas@xxxxxx