Re: Wish List

Hello Guy:

Item #3 of your wish list was:

>> 3. A DLL which would give us access to MS Data (Date, Open,
>> High, Low, Close) via Visual Basic.

In the pre-Win95 versions of MetaStock the manuals always included two BASIC
programs which would read both the names and price information of the MS
files.  I don't know when they stopped including these programs as part of
their documentation, but I followed them and found that they worked.  I never
did anything with it because I am not a BASIC programmer.  The MS data format
is the same now as it was in earlier versions.  They may have modified the
meaning of some of the bits, but I'll bet that you can still use those
programs to access MS data.

The only old MS manual I have (I am running 6.5) is a 3.0 manual, and in it
there is a section 10.7 "Basic Programming".  It states: "The Basic language
programs that follow can be used to read the the names and prices from
MetaStock data files.  Both programs are compatible with IBM's BASICA.COM,
Microsoft's GWBASIC.COM and QuickBasic."  I am sure that the format is
compatable with Visual Basic as well.  If you can't find an old manual, I'll
bet that MS Tech support would be willing to email you a copy.  Neither
program is very long.

Jim Brewster