Re: Whats Hot??????????

I've havent done any long term backtesting so I can only quote others.
O'Shaughnessy in "What Works on Wall Street" points out that you should
include a lot of time to include both bull and bear markets.  He went back
to 1950 to develop his methodology. Joe Granville in his first book
"Strategy of Daily Stock Market Timing...", mentioned a stock that
periodically (I think it was about 6 years) would go up smartly and then
decline back to the deck and all the alleged gurus would start touting the
stock. Joe Granville had looked at a long term chart and he saw this
peculiar behavior of this stock and predicted otherwise; he called these
periodic upturns and downturns gravestones.

While we cant easily go back a very long time with many high tech stocks,
we should be careful about systems that seem to work in a rising market and
only have 5 to 10 years look back.

Lionel Issen