Re.Good book on day trading, SOES, or short term?

This info. is from,
http://members.aol.com/shalfpenny/index.htm

TRADING BOOK REVIEW
===================

The Bad...
==========
Short Term Futures Trading - Jake Bernstein
   Some specific daytrading techniques presented - no proof or testing
   Supplied to indicate whether such methods are profitable. So I
programmed
   and tested each of the ideas covered - none proved worthwhile.

Floor Traders Confidential Handbook - George Angell
   Nothing really too 'confidential' revealed in this 22 page booklet.
Save
   your money.

The Weintraub Day-Trader - Neal Weintraub
   Weird method using a moving average type indicator. I found it
unusable
   and strange. Lacks a valid premise of why it could be profitable. I
   returned this book back to Windsor Books within days.

Detecting High Profit Day Trades in the Futures Markets - J.T. Jackson
   Was initially excited about this method. Completely programmed and
   exhaustively tested it. Was quite disappointed with the results.
Might
   spark some new ideas for the inquisitive trader, but the described
   method as such, is not recommended.

The Daytraders Manual - William Eng
   Nothing of any value here. Vague. Avoid this book.

The Spike-35 Trading Method - J.D. Hamon
   Another system which I completely programmed and back-tested. Simply
   unprofitable.

You Can't Lose Trading Commodities - Robert Wiest
   Describes long term method known as Scale Trading. Very deep pockets
and
   nerves of steel required to trade this method. Not recommended.

The Price Spiral Method - B.J. Howard
   Esoteric, mathematical method of analyzing Elliott waves. Tedious and
   ineffective.

The Trading Advantage - Joseph Duffy
   Touts some rather ridiculous methods based more on numerology,
coincidence
   and astrology than on sound trading logic. Avoid.

The Symmetry Wave Trading Method - Michael Gur
   Tedious and ineffective method of wave-counting that simply does not
work.

Trident: A Trading Strategy - Charles Lindsay
   Another method which I performed extensive computer studies on.
Completely
   bogus. In fact I tried Mr. Lindsay's dial-in trade recommendation
service.
   Also ineffective. Incidentally, Mr. Lindsay renieged on his guarantee
   refund my money for the service (US$245). Traders out there - heed my
   words and avoid any dealings with with Charles Lindsay.

How to Profitably Day Trade the Market Turning Points - George Angell
   Support/Resistance method described in this 16-page booklet is
   ineffective. Not recommended.

The World's Most Powerful Money Manual (TWMPMM) - Ken Roberts
   Save your money!

The So-So...
============

Techniques of A Professional Commodity Chart Analyst - Arthur Sklarew
   Pretty generic chart reading techniques with a new twist thrown in
here
   and there. Doubtful of the potential profitability of these
techniques
   in actual trading situations though. Not bad but nothing ground
breaking
   going on here.

Techni-Seasonal Commodity Trading - Everet H. Beckner
   These techniques and trades have some merit, but the trader would
require
   much patience and fortitude to ride them out. I'm a little leery of
the
   recommended yearly trades as they have not been tested far back
enough
   (only 15-20 years) to draw a statistically valid conclusion to my
   satisfaction. They do display high percentage effectiveness though.
   Some traders may love this mode of trading, but it somehow doesn't
quite
   sit well with me. All in all, not bad but approach with some caution.

The $3,000 Secret - Lee Gettess
   Doesn't really present a specific system per se, but rather generally
   extols the virtues of using volatility as the basis for a short-term
   trading system. For $15, it's probably worth the money as it could
spawn
   some good ideas for enterprising traders who are willing to devote
some
   time into developing their own systems.

The New Technical Trader - Chande & Kroll
   Just barely makes it into the So-So list. To start with, let me just
say
   I am not a big proponent of using solely mathematically derived
   indicators to generate trading signals. OB/OS indicators and
oscillators
   tend to just leave me cold. That said, these guys really go overboard
   with the mathematics in this book. Programmed and tested many of the
ideas
   presented - none proved very promising. The avid number cruncher
however
   might extract some value out of this book. Be prepared to spend a lot
of
   time testing though.

Inside The DayTrading Game - George Angell
   Sort of meanders around many different daytrading topics. Contains
some
   good ideas however. The Snapshot method of trading the S&P explained
   within has some merit. Not earth-shattering as Angell touts it to be,
but
   not bad.

24 Trading Systems for $24 - Welles Wilder
   These are actually 24 systems by Bruce Babcock which Wilder claims
are
   unprofitable and wants to expose Babcock as a fraud. I'm not going to
   take any sides here, but as indicated by the enclosed Futures Truth
tests,
   Wilder has a valid point. Although most of the systems per se, do
appear
   unprofitable, Wilder does acknowledge the fact that some good trading
   ideas can be gleaned from these systems in bits and pieces. "Gap
Grabber"system
   for S&P on page 101 looks fairly good although it trades
infrequently. For
   the price, not bad as an idea generator.

The Good!...
============

Daytrading With Short-Term Price Patterns - Toby Crabel
   Sadly enough, my 'Good' list consists of only one book. This text is
   gold mine of short-term/daytrading ideas. The work presented herein
   explores the profitability of recurring bar-chart price patterns
(which
   I personally feel to be the way to go). A wealth of ideas for good
day
   trading systems although you will want to perform your own back
testing of
   Mr. Crabel's ideas. Highly recommended for the day trader. This is
the
   only book I've ever kept!