Re: Philip Bell - London - to Metastock User Group

Philip Bell wrote:

> 13/02/98
> Hi, I am a new Metastock 6.5 user with a querry on writing formula into
> System Tester. I am trying to write a formula for System Tester to generate
> a Sell when a bar crosses a moving average but does not close below, on a
> long trade, the Sell has to be calculated at the price the bar intersects
> the Moving Average eg: I set a stop at the Moving  Average that triggers if
> the stock trades below at any time during the day, even if it ends higher
> at the close of days trade. Is this possible, if so I would appreciate
> anyone who could give me pointers on writing this formula. Philip W Bell -
> London U.K.

Philip...

To sell when the price drops below a moving average use the Low:
L < mov(c,20,s)
To sell as above but only when the price closes above the moving average
use:
L < mov(c,20,s) and C > mov(c,20,s)

Of course you would want to use your specific moving average perameters.

Regards... John