OLE Bug???

I am finally able to use MetaStock for Windows in my
homegrown commodity trading system.  This system was
developed over the last 40 years and has evolved from a
manual system (1950s), to a mainframe, then via
time-sharing, and finally in the early 1970s onto personal
computers.  When MetaStock finally added the capabilities
to enable me to link to Excel, I was overjoyed.  Finally,
after all this time, I was able to perform all of my
calculations within a single application.

Unfortunately, I seem to have discovered what appears to be
a bug in how MetaStock handles its OLE with Excel.

I have two charts that I link to Excel.  Both futures.  One
is the continuous S&P chart.  No problem there.  The other
chart is a TBond chart that I create on my own form of
continuous Bond data.  I do this by manually changing the
trading months (symbol) during the data gathering process.

There doesn't appear to be a problem within MetaStock
itself.  Works perfectly in fact.  I can change months
(symbols), replace some of the O-H-L-C data, and like
magic, can bring up the Bond chart without a problem.  When
I bring up my Excel worksheets after the Bond symbol
change, the link to the Bond chart has been broken, even
though the chart is still working in MetaStock.  In
checking the OLE connections shown for each cell, it looks
like everything is OK.  In fact, the S&P link still works
and looks the same as the Bond link.

Is there any reason why, when the MetaStock chart works
fine, the OLE connection would break if a symbol change is
made?  Even though the chart name hasn't changed and the
MetaStock chart still works fine?

If anyone has any information on this, as to whether this
is a bug or not, I would appreciate hearing from them.