Re: Chip's Tip of the Week

Chip Anderson wrote:

> Tip #1: Always Save Important Charts inside of a Layout
> I maintain several charts that require manual y-axis settings,
> customized date ranges, or even indicators that are overlaid without
> scales.  Unfortunately MS 6.5 doesn't preserve these settings when it
> reloads a chart (.MWC) file or a Smart Chart.  So my carefully
> constructed masterworks look terrible each time I reload them.
>
> Let me know if you found this tip helpful,
> Chip

Thanks Chip for this great idea of passing on Tips for us newcomers.
Very much appreciated.  Keep 'em coming please.

Just a comment on this Tip:  I use the same format for most of my charts
and so I have set the DEFAULT TEMPLATE accordingly.  I have no problems
with the preservation of settings using this default template.  Perhaps
an alternative to the use of Layouts would be to use templates, with the
most frequently used settings saved as the default template?

Tony